The #1 TV Blog....TV Hot Spot (Returns 1st June 2008)....Listings....Ratings....Trailers....News....Pictures...& More!

Friday, May 2, 2008

TV Hot Spot: News






Kimora Lee Simmons 'Fab Lane' Interview!





Post by: Sal


Source: TVGuide

Anyone who has seen Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane (Sundays at , 11 pm/ET, Style) knows that Kimora Lee Simmons is the busiest mogul-model-mother on Earth. But whether she's running the Phat Fashions empires or running around with her two daughters, the thirtysomething Japanese/Korean/African-American beauty always has time to get her fab on.
TVGuide.com: What's harder: running Baby Phat and Phat Farm or raising two kids under 10?
Kimora Lee Simmons: It's definitely harder raising the children. I want them to grow up to be well-rounded, grounded, loving, caring, sensitive individuals. It's the single biggest challenge of my life. My work — which comes after my children — is like a child as well, so it's like I have three kids.

TVGuide.com: Do you get any sleep?
Kimora: Very little! [Laughs] And we're on spring break, so it's tough. I work all the time and I sleep with my Blackberrys, so I'm always emailing my [staff] at all hours of the night. They know to turn theirs off.

TVGuide.com: You still do quite a bit of modeling, so what do you think of shows like America's Next Top Model?
Kimora: I am so proud of Tyra. She's one of the girls' godmother and she was my maid of honor, so we're really good friends. And I feel that she filled a niche. In general, I think those shows do well because the world is very interested in fashion and modeling and entertainment. That's what the people want.

TVGuide.com: How did you become so fabulous?
Kimora: I don't see myself as being fabulous, that's the thing. I think I'm fabulous from the inside out, but that's more about self-confidence and how well you rebound from adversity. Great clothes and jewelry are the icing. The cake is your family…the cake is you!

TVGuide.com: Fashions, fragrances, TV, modeling…you're the glam Martha Stewart.
Kimora: Yeah, I feel like that! I've come through a lot…hopefully I can be a model to [young girls] for getting through life with a little fabulosity.

TVGuide.com: And a little fun, like your romance with Djimon Honsou?
Kimora: [Laughs] More important than being so fine on the outside, he's really great on the inside. He's a really beautiful person and he has calmed my life in ways you don't even know. I feel so grateful to have someone like him in my life. Having a wonderful partner who loves and supports me is a big thing.

TVGuide.com: How is it having your own Barbie?
Kimora: That was a big deal! I tried to make her glamorous and pink and she has a faux-fur chinchilla coat, because I want to show kids that faux fur can be fabulous too. She's everything a Barbie is supposed to be, honey.



Take Care,

Sal

No comments: