The #1 TV Blog....TV Hot Spot (Returns 1st June 2008)....Listings....Ratings....Trailers....News....Pictures...& More!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

TV Hot Spot: STRIKE!




Showrunners Willing to Come Back



Post by: Sal

Ed Bernero, exec producer of CBS' Criminal Minds, has just written this statement on the net:

"The reporting on the showrunners meeting was dead-on. I think they sort of under-reported the most important thing that came out of that discussion, though. The story leaned on the fact that we would support each other in the event one of us is sued by the Companies. While that is true, the bigger story of that meeting was the (as I remember) almost unanimous agreement (which I don't think the Guild leadership was completely happy with -- this isn't a ploy by them) that we hyphenate showrunners would absolutely go back to work to finish the episodes left to post if the AMPTP agreed to come back to the table. I think most of us would agree that it doesn't even have to be them that makes the first move. If someone were to tell me that if I went back to my producing duties on Monday morning and the Companies would come back to the table Monday afternoon, I'd go. I'd trust them that much.

"They have to talk to our Guild if this is ever going to get fixed. People are being hurt in this -- mostly helpless people who have no protection. We want this thing settled. We want to work. We still have episodes to finish and we will if they just agree to talk again. Just come back and talk."



Some good news I guess. Lets just hope the networks listen...

Sal

3 comments:

Casper said...

Why don't you come back?
Please hurry, Why don't you come back?
Please hurry...
Come back and staaaaay for good this time


Channeling Paul Young here .. *sigh*


It would give us just one or two more episodes per show ... but it would be nice. But I guess for now we're talking wishingwonderland here. Not enough pressure on the networks yet.


C.

Anonymous said...

I hope this can be resolved as soon as possible. I dont know what I would do without these shows.

Jess xoxo

Tv Hot Spot Host said...

Keep on checking the blog for the latest info on the strike. News is reported 24/7 on TV Hot Spot!