The #1 TV Blog....TV Hot Spot (Returns 1st June 2008)....Listings....Ratings....Trailers....News....Pictures...& More!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

TV Hot Spot: News





Alley joins Harpo's flock!





Post by: Sal


Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Prods. has signed a development deal with Kirstie Alley for TV projects.

It's unclear whether the deal might include a syndicated daytime talker or a program for Winfrey's new cable channel.

Winfrey helped launch other daytime talk shows, including "Dr. Phil" and "Rachael Ray." Both hosts appeared frequently on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" before getting their own talkers. ("Oprah," "Dr. Phil" and "Rachael Ray" are all distributed by CBS Television Distribution.)

Alley also has been on multiple episodes of "Oprah," including a November 2006 appearance that generated headlines after she donned a bikini to flaunt her 75-pound weight loss.

Meanwhile, Winfrey's new channel, OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, is set to launch in second-half 2009. It's a joint venture with Discovery Communications.

"I'm very open with what I've been through in my own personal life, and nothing -- I mean nothing -- is off-limits for me to talk about," Alley said. "And I won't lie -- I live a beautiful life. So I hope to bring those elements together to offer something totally fresh for the television audience."

Added Harpo president Tim Bennett: "Kirstie is a tremendous talent who is incredibly relatable and a true fan favorite."

Alley is repped by WMA and Untitled Entertainment.


Take care,

Sal

No comments: