The #1 TV Blog....TV Hot Spot (Returns 1st June 2008)....Listings....Ratings....Trailers....News....Pictures...& More!

Friday, April 25, 2008

TV Hot Spot: News





Ugly Betty: Alexis - OUT!





Post by: Sal


Source: E! Online


Wow. Just...wow.

Sources connected to the show have just confirmed to me that we probably won't being seeing as much of the divine Ms. Rebecca Romijn as glamazon transsexual Alexis Meade on Ugly Betty next year. I'm told she's going from a series regular to a recurring character, and this change in status was not her own doing.

Rebecca told the New York Post's Popwrap yesterday, "They made a tremendous amount of changes, especially with the writing staff [during the writers' strike]. And while I know I'll be coming back next season, with all the changes, I'm not sure they can take care of my character they way they have been. So I'll be leaving, back in a recurring capacity, but time for me to leave and find something else."

Clearly, the show has been through quite a few changes lately, including the firing of Marco Pennette, whom surviving show runner Silvio Horta has gone on record as saying is "a big part of Ugly Betty's gay sensibility."

Everyone who's watched the show knows the series has treated the topic of Alex Meade's sex change with both grace and humor, so...what's the deal?

I mean, have you seen Rebecca Romijn?! She's hot and fabulous and funny, and I'm so confused. What happened here? I know too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the soup, but don't too many talented hot chicks on a TV series just make it better? Your theories are very welcome below, because I am stumped.

No comment yet from ABC, but we'll let you know when we hear back.




Take care,

Sal

No comments: