The #1 TV Blog....TV Hot Spot (Returns 1st June 2008)....Listings....Ratings....Trailers....News....Pictures...& More!

Monday, April 28, 2008

TV Hot Spot: News





Miley Cyrus Apologizes for Semi-Topless Photo!





Post by: Sal


Source: Zap2It


Miley Cyrus hasn't been having a lot of luck with photos lately.

Last week, playfully provocative photos of her hit the Internet, and now she's worried about pictures that famed photographer Annie Liebovitz took of her for an upcoming issue of Vanity Fair.

"My goal in my music and my acting is always to make people happy," Cyrus tells People. "For Vanity Fair, I was so honored and thrilled to work with Annie [Leibovitz]. I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed."

In one photo, the "Hannah Montana" star appears to be nude with a sheet wrapped around her chest. Although Cyrus' family was on set for the photo shoot, they claim they left just before this last, more provocative shot was taken.

"Unfortunately, as the article suggests, a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines," says the Disney Channel, which broadcasts "Hannah Montana," in a statement.

Beth Kseniak, a spokesperson for both Vanity Fair and Leibovitz, counters: "Miley's parents and/or minders were on the set all day. Since the photo was taken digitally, they saw it on the shoot and everyone thought it was a beautiful and natural portrait of Miley."

The magazine also includes an interview with Cyrus and her father, country star and actor Billy Ray Cyrus.

Cyrus also addressed the amateur photos that she and her friends took that circulated the 'net last week. In them, she was seen showing off her midriff, draped over the lap of her then-boyfriend and exposing a bright green bra.

"The pictures of me on the Internet were silly, inappropriate shots," the 15-year-old acknowledges. "I appreciate all the support of my fans, and hope they understand that along the way I am going to make mistakes and I am not perfect. I never intended for any of this to happen and I am truly sorry if I have disappointed anyone.

"Most of all," she adds, "I have let myself down. I will learn from my mistakes and trust my support team. My family and my faith will guide me through my life's journey."




Take care,

Sal

No comments: