The #1 TV Blog....TV Hot Spot (Returns 1st June 2008)....Listings....Ratings....Trailers....News....Pictures...& More!

Monday, November 19, 2007

TV Hot Spot: Trailer




Doctor Who: Season 4 Sneak Peek!



Post by: Sal


News:

Last night on BBC One in the UK, the Corporation's annual charity telethon, 'Children in Need' raised £19million for underpriviledged kids around the country.

However, the highlight of the evening was a short Doctor Who segment, filmed specially for the telethon (as has become a tradition every year at this time), which bridged the final episode of season four three, 'Last of the Time Lords' and the forthcoming Christmas Special, 'Voyage of the Damned'.

And it was a fantastic eight-minute segment of television, written by Steven Moffat, who also scripted the brilliant 'Blink' in season three, and featured none other than Peter Davidson, the fifth Doctor, playing the earlier version of himself alongside his modern-day counterpart, David Tennant.
Moffat has a knack for clever paradox-style stories, and managed to capture a fantastic little snippet of emotion, harking back to the early days of Doctor Who, when I was an ardent young viewer myself.

I have to admit, I had a tear in my eye when Tennant told his counterpart -- before he sent him back to his own time: -- "You were my Doctor." I couldn't have put it better myself.

While Davison wasn't my Doctor (Tom Baker was), he was certainly one of the best -- and he demonstrated it here one more time (if you'll pardon the pun).

Video:



Take Care,

Sal

No comments: