TV Hot Spot: The New Adventures Of Old Christine
The New Adventures Of Old Christine 2x12:
Ritchie Scores
Review by: Shai
Hi guys! I am your recurring TV Hot Spot Host (lol). Sal couldn't make it for this review so I decided to push it in and get it published as soon as possible. This episode for me was overall one of the funniest, but still I am sure the writers could do more to bring these characters to a higher par. The latest episode brought in around 12.2 Million Viewers! And by looking at the previous revies for this series I can see that the episode has done fairly well. Above from the last fresh episode so I guess thats a good sign.
Ok so the episode looked at Ritchie's case and so was the reason it was called "Ritchie Scores". But the writers had a double meaning for it if you see in the episode. Christine and Richard are concerned with little Ritchie's social life and so Richard assumes that the main reason is the lack of male influence in the childs life and straight away pushes the idea of little Ritchie joining the soccer team. Christine however is against this and disagrees with it mainly because she doesn't want her son turning into a dumb jock like Richard was in his highschool days.
However Christine loses the fight and little Ritchie joins the soccer team, and as everything looked like it was heading in the right direction Ritchie invites three of his friends over at the end of the Soccer game. All 3 friends are females. Richard and Christine notice this and get into an argument on whether girls and boys could be JUST FRIENDS. Later into the day Ritchie is caught by Matthew kissing each of the three girls because they were playing house. While Christine is mad, Richard is filled with joy and sees that his son IS a younger version of himself. To Christine, thats a nightmare.
This episode was filled with comedic humour and lines which were given to us by the writers of the show. It didn't show us alot of the cast members but basically focused on the relationship between the parents and their son. Another thing included was Christine's crush on one of the teachers at Ritchie's school. Mr. Harris. During the episode her and Richard tried to fight to get the teachers attention which is hilarious as ever.
In the end of the episode Christine finally confesses to Mr. Harris that they cant be just friends, because obviously they both want more and it would remind her of it everytime she was with him. I actually wished they got together, but now it looks like they wont which is a sad thing really. At a time when you actually thought Christine could get a good looking guy, the writers snatch him away from her. Poor Christine. Overall I think the episode was a great one. Barb's character wasn't in it, which I am sure Sal would have disliked so I will mention that, and I cant wait for the next episode to air which is on the 15th of Jan. So tune in for that and thank you all for reading!
Take Care xox


No comments:
Post a Comment